Saturday, March 1, 2014

My Dirty Little Secret

I haven't posted much here on my weight loss and progress because, well, I'm not making any progress. This isn't for lack of trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but because I'm just going to continue to get bigger... I've been keeping a little secret - The husband and I are expecting the arrival of our first baby on August 23rd!


Today, I am 15 weeks pregnant (haven't taken my photo yet) - and really looking forward to that halfway mark at 20 weeks. We haven't purchased many baby things yet, or even started on the nursery, because we are waiting until March 26th to find out the sex of our baby.

I started my weight loss journey with Herbalife in October. I am 5'4", and had a starting weight of a whopping 170 pounds. My body fat percentage was 31%, and I had a hip/pant size of 31 inches. Because I wasn't happy with my body at all, I kind of refused to take 'before' photos, though I may have some lying around from a couple weeks into the journey. Below, is a photo that I find embarrassing, and was before I started my journey. You can see the 'tire' around my hips/waist, and the thickness in my arms.


This next photo, I was a week or two into my journey, but gives more of a side view of my body shape - I'm the one in green.


Currently, even 15 weeks pregnant, I weigh 150 pounds! My goal weight was 140, plus building and toning muscle. I didn't get to reach that weight, but I did lose three inches on my waist, and dropped to a pant size of 29 inches. I'm still wearing my 29 pants now. Even in my 14 week photo above, I can see my progress. My arms are smaller, the top of my waist is my smaller, even though I'm growing quite the bump.

Aside from the morning sickness, I've felt like a better me. I've been feeling healthier with the 20 pounds that I have lost, and I have continued to use Herbalife throughout my pregnancy. Because of how nutrition packed Herbalife is, I am so excited that it is providing so much for me and my baby. I will attempt to continue eating healthier throughout this pregnancy, and hopefully find it not too difficult to continue this weight loss journey (with all new stats of course) after birth.



No comments:

Post a Comment